Hey Beauty Lovers! I am so blessed to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award for the fifth time! Thank you so much to the lovely Beauty Bunny for nominating me. Go check out her amazing blog, you will not be disappointed.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award. Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created (you cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you).
How my blog started:
My blog started because it has always been a secret passion of mine. I read so many blogs before thinking I should start one myself. I have a huge list of blogs I read every single day. One night I was talking to Joseph and told him about my dream of starting a beauty and lifestyle blog. He told me to go for it and that he would help me with all the technical stuff (such a great boyfriend). How to set up a blog was the biggest thing holding me back. I had no idea where to start. Luckily, he is a computer science major and had to create a blog for a class. Therefore, he knew the best platform (WordPress) and how to set it up.
My mom actually gave me the name suggestion. I didn’t know what to call my blog. I had so many ideas and topics that interested me. She told me I should call it Everything & Nothin’. I loved the idea and Everything & Nothin’ was born. I couldn’t have started my blog without the push from my mom and Joseph. This is really been a dream come true. I never knew I would love blogging as much as I do.
It has meant so much to me to read other blogger’s blogs. I love every single one of my followers. You all encourage me every single day. I love coming up with new post ideas that I believe my readers would enjoy. I am constantly brainstorming. The best part about blogging is meeting other bloggers and making so many friends. You all have become some of my closest friends. I haven’t been blogging that long and have already made amazing friends. I love getting to know people from all over the world. Blogging can open up opportunities you never knew were possible.
Advice for new bloggers:
My advice for new bloggers is as follows:
- Post frequently (this is so important because you want to keep your readers coming back for more)
- Sign up for blogging platforms (this is how you get to try products and get your blog known)
- Start with one or two social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, etc.) to promote your blog. Don’t overwhelm yourself with all the social media platforms. Work on learning everything about one platform and promoting your blog on it. Then you can add more social media platforms. These really help increase your view count.
- Comment on other blogs and follow other bloggers in your genre. This is how you make amazing friends and you can even collab with bloggers to increase your followers and views.
- Engage with your readers and ask questions
- Make sure your blog has a theme, description, and logo.
- Put a disclaimer on your blog if you are reviewing products
- Take advantage of the WordPress schedule option. This way you can write posts when you have time and schedule them for later dates (I totally neglected this feature when I started, but have noticed a great improvement in my views and followers since using it.)
- Answer as many comments as you can (people need to know you are real and listen to them too)
- Be honest in your posts. Blogging is opinion central; therefore, share your honest opinions. Don’t worry whether someone will agree or not. This is YOUR blog and you can say whatever you want. If someone disagrees, that is fine. However if they are being hateful or inappropriate, simply delete the comment (you have that option). Also, don’t feel bad if you test a product from a company and dislike it. State the truth and if that company has a problem with the truth, take it as a sign they aren’t worth working with in the first place. Being honest with your followers and readers is of up-most importance. They are trusting you.
- Finally and most importantly, HAVE FUN. Make sure you are blogging as a hobby and just have fun. Don’t get stressed or overwhelmed if you have a bad blogging day. If you view counts are down, it is okay. Just keep writing and enjoy what you write. Your followers and view count will increase overtime. Remember, it takes about five years for most blogs to become popular. Therefore, you most likely have five years before you are well known. Take comfort in that fact and don’t stress yourself out. Take breaks and enjoy the ride.