I have such fine and thin hair that will just become even thinner as I continue to age. Any product that will help slow this process and even reverse it, I totally need. When I read about a new hair serum from RevivSerums, I just had to try it. My mom also has very thin hair and she has places where she has barely any hair. Therefore, I had her test the product too and see if we could notice any difference. She used the product for about a month. It can take 1-4 months to notice any benefits due to the hair’s cycle. I will share her thoughts on the product as well as mine. Let’s get to the review!
a little about revivserums (from company):
RevivSerums, located in beautiful San Francisco California, specializes in novel and innovative clinical treatment serums. Our unique formulations are next-generation, high-performance, leading-edge — and any other great hyphenated catchphrases you can imagine.
We’re here to buck the status quo in standard medical grade skincare and haircare treatment lines. We’ve found the vast majority of current popular physician-office products, while certainly somewhat-to-quite effective, are no longer leading edge. And most of them contain ingredients that really aren’t that expensive to acquire, compared to their retail price.
So we created RevivSerums to provide products equivalent to famous physician-office brands so it’s easy to compare, apples-to-apples. We then leapfrog them with brand new cosmetic chemistry, and provide them to you at a competitive price. Along the way, we’ve also developed some truly novel products with breakthrough ingredients and really astonishing results (case in point: our RevivHair™ and RevivLash™ Stimulating Serums).
We gain inspiration by the principles and tenets that go into the making of our products, and we hope you encounter a bit of that inspiration with every product and feel moved to share that feeling with your followers, friends, family and world.
Physician office potency.
REVIEW RevivHair Stimulating Serum with Redensyl:
RevivSerums says this about the product:
RevivHair™ Hair Stimulating Serum is a novel next-generation leave-in serum that can help significantly boost hair thickness, fullness, natural color, strength and overall health. Powerful key ingredients help both men and women.
About the Ingredients (from site):
- Redensyl® 3% from Induchem: The product combines two patented Induchem molecules – DHQG and EGCG2 – to help hair loss and the reactivation of hair growth by targeting hair follicle stems cells, reactivating the proliferation of ORSc stem cells, protecting them from apoptosis, maintaining their differentiation properties and helping to activate the metabolism of dermal papillary fibroblasts. Here’s a video. Induchem’s clinical assessment on volunteers produced outstanding results for Redensyl. In less than 3 months, 85% of the volunteers had significant and visible success, with +9% of new growing hair and -17% of falling hair. 85% of subjects showed positive results.
- PhytoCellTec™ Argan, according to its Swiss-based developer Mibelle AG Biochemistry, is the first cosmetic active with proven efficacy on dermal stem cells. Hair follicles represent a highly relevant and efficient penetration pathway and reservoir for topically applied substances. Dermal papilla, where the dermal stem cell pool is localized, can be reached over follicular penetration. Sox2 expression is enhanced and “stemness” of the dermal stem cells is improved which in turn helps stimulate dormant cells, delay root stem cell depletion, and helps induce repair of the hair follicle.
- PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica: PhytoCellTec™ is a revolutionary liposomal preparation also from Switzerland based on the stem cells of a rare Swiss apple – the Uttwiler Spatlauber. A novel technology enables the stem cell cultivation of this rare and endangered species. Various studies demonstrate it has the ability to help “clearly postpone senescence… in the hair follicle.”
- Pyrrolidinyl Diaminopyrimidine Oxide (Triaminodil®) [Separate, optional add-in 1.5 ml vial]: A chemical cousin of minoxidil (which is a Pyrimidinediamine Piperidinyl Oxide), PDPO has been found to to be able to help prevent the hardening of the hair shaft and collagen buildup around it. The vial ingredient is optional for those users who want growth-regulating effects but don’t mind potential initial increased shedding since this ingredient can help promote the transition from the telogen (resting) phase to the anagen (growing) phase of the hair cycle. This optional vial is a customer add-in for a small additional fee. Use the pop-down menu above to add it to your product selection.
- Cellulosomes® Crithmum Maritimum ST is an exclusive Sea Fennel stem cell culture that, according to its manufacturer Seppic®, can help regulate keratogenesis stimulation and help promote better epidermal metabolism and the synthesis of collagen, proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans.
- Growth Factors: Human Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) has been shown to regulate proliferation and differentiation in epithelial tissues and may regulate the stem cells of the hair follicle.
- Peptides: Myristol Pentapeptide-17, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1 can have positive effects on the hair follicle helping scalp micro-circulation, follicle atrophy caused by dihydrotestosterone, and follicle aging.
- Methionine Sulfoxide Reductase can help prevent the loss of hair color by providing a non-oxidant environment and preventing the death of melanocytes which produce the pigment in hair.
- Nettle Root Extract and Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract can help to prevent the release of DHT responsible for some types of hair loss. Soy Isoflavones and Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins strengthen and feed hair growth. Horse Chestnut improves circulation. Polymers thicken and strengthen hair.
- Fragrance-free, this serum is a light, almost clear, formulation safe for all hair colors and hair types. The percentage of Redensyl in RevivHair is at its most potent: 3%, the highest percentage recommended for a once-a-day, leave-in application.
Usage (from site):
Shake before use. Apply once daily, to wet or dry hair, about one or two full droppers. Part your hair and apply directly to the scalp in the areas that are thinning. Massage in with fingertips, then wash hands well. Since hair growing cycles can take at least 1 to 4 months, it may take a while to notice beneficial effects. Especially if you choose to incorporate the optional Triaminodil vial, you may experience initial increased shedding since that ingredient can help promote the transition from the telogen (resting) phase to the anagen (growing) phase of the hair cycle. Remember that results from any legitimately effective hair loss treatment can take between 6-12 months to begin, and several years before optimal results are reached since the anagen or growing phase of the hair is at least two years in duration.
Use in addition to your regular styling products or products such as minoxidil. Discontinue use if irritation develops. For external use only.
I love the packaging of this product. The dropper is also very nice. I didn’t notice any smell to the product which is very nice. It is a thin gel-like consistency and is very easy to apply. The serum didn’t irritate my scalp at all. I was also surprised how long the bottle lasted. Even though you have to use 1-2 full droppers full, the bottle is still half full. The bottle will last about 37-75 days depending on how much you use. That is a long time.
The serum feels nice in the hair. It doesn’t weigh my hair down or make it looks greasy. I couldn’t even feel it in my hair. I love that it doesn’t make my hair feel gunky or oily. Overall, I really enjoyed the application of this product.
My Mom’s Thoughts:
I really liked the RevivHair Serum after using it for about a month. At first, I didn’t know if it was really going to work or do anything because I couldn’t tell any difference. However, after a month I can definitely see results. I now have thicker hair and can see hair growth in a few places. Even my family and friends have been commenting about my hair. The only negative I have with the product is that it made my hair feel stiff when first using. It feels almost like a gel. However, the results are worth it. It still leaves my hair soft and manageable which I like. I have sensitive skin and it didn’t irritate my scalp at all. Overall, I am impressed with this product and will continue to use it. I am excited to see the results after the whole bottle is used. I would definitely recommend this product to those with hair loss.
This serum is $79, but on sale for $49. Click here to purchase and for more information.
I really enjoyed this product. I loved the application and that there is no strong smell. I also love the packaging and that one bottle lasts a long time. I could really tell a difference in my mom’s hair in just a month. She definitely had more volume and hair in spots. I can’t wait to see how her hair will look in four months. I will definitely update this post with the complete after pictures once the bottle is finished. What do you think of this product? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Disclaimer: I was sent this product for review from RevivSerums. These are my honest thoughts & opinions. I did not receive any compensation, just the product to try.